Happy Lantern Festival!

     Today is the Lantern Festival, a time for familial reunion. However, unlike previous years, I have chosen to spend this traditional Chinese festival in Malaysia.

      In the morning, I awakened with a sense of novelty in a foreign land as it marked my inaugural experience celebrating the Lantern Festival abroad. Gazing out of the window, I noticed that the streets lacked the luminosity and embellishments reminiscent of our hometown. Nevertheless, as daylight unfolded, subtle indications of Lantern Festival celebrations gradually emerged. Various lanterns and traditional delicacies adorned shop windows, evoking a comforting sense of homecoming.

      At noon, I partook in an elaborate family feast with my friends; although devoid of biological kinship presence, everyone congregated together engrossed in lively conversations and laughter - truly contented moments fostering warmth and intimacy.

     As evening descended upon us like an enchanting veil, we strolled through city streets illuminated by orange streetlights and neon signs that outlined an unparalleled beauty unique to Lantern Festival nights. The thoroughfares pulsated with an exuberant festive ambiance which made me feel anything but estranged from this unfamiliar cityscape. Despite being thousands of miles away from my family within foreign borders, encountering new acquaintances and sharing in the festivities allowed me to bask in affectionate warmth during this special occasion - albeit not adhering strictly to traditions observed back home; nevertheless deepening my appreciation for and understanding of the profound significance inherent within this cherished cultural celebration. 



评论

此博客中的热门博文

Travels of Malacca

Hope for good things in the new year

At this moment, it is freedom